Fresh kiwi fruit cannot be stored for too long. Therefore many people choose to eat canned kiwi fruit. Canned kiwi fruit on the market can be divided into four types according to the fluid used there. Those are sugar water type, fruit juice type, mixed type, and water type. Also, it can be divided into whole package and piece package according to the shape of kiwis.
The canned kiwifruits are generally made through the steps of alkali leaching, rinsing, canning and sterilization. Of course, you can also make homemade canned kiwi fruit at home. The method is also very simple. Wash the kiwi fruit and cut into pieces, add sugar and cook, then pour it into a sterilized canned bottle. Let’s take a look at canned kiwi fruit.
What are the types of canned kiwi fruit
Canned kiwifruit refers to the canned food made from kiwifruit through pretreatment, canning, fluid addition, sealing, sterilization, and cooling. According to different classification standards, the types of canned kiwi fruit can be divided mainly into two types.
Canned kiwi fruit according to different fluids
- Sugar water type – The fluid is an aqueous solution of white sugar or syrup.
- Juice type – The fluid is a mixture of water and fruit juice.
- Mixed type – The fluid is an aqueous solution of no less than two of the four types of fruit juice, white sugar, fructose syrup, and sweetener.
- Water type – The fluid is water.
Canned kiwi fruit according to the different shapes of kiwi
- Whole canned kiwi fruit – This refers to canned kiwi fruit made from whole kiwi fruit after peeling, cutting, and adding fluid.
- Sliced canned kiwi fruit – This means kiwi fruit cut into slices and canned kiwi.
The processing method of canned kiwi fruit
The production of canned kiwifruit in the factory usually goes through the steps of soaking alkali, rinsing, canning, and sterilization. The specific processing methods are as follows:
- Boil the 10%-12% alkaline aqueous solution.
- Put it in the fruit and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove it when the skin becomes black and cracked.
- Rinse with cold water, and remove the skin.
- Rinse with clean water to eliminate the lye.
- Wash until the pulp is pure.
- You can soak, neutralize and protect the color with a 0.1%-0.2% hydrochloric acid solution.
- Fill the cans with different fruit sizes and add sugar water.
- After filling the can, use 98-100℃ steam to remove the gas in the can, about 10 minutes.
- The can can be sealed and sterilized when the center temperature of the can reaches 85℃ or more.
The homemade method of canned kiwi fruit
If you want to preserve kiwifruit, you can make canned kiwifruit at home. The way to make canned kiwifruit is as follows.
- Choose high-quality kiwis, and place them for a day or two after picking.
- Wash the kiwi fruit, peel it, and cut it into pieces. There is no fixed size requirement. You can make it as your prefers.
- Prepare a clean boiling pot, pour in a proper amount of water, boil the water, add the cuted kiwi and cook for 5 minutes. Then add sugar, and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the fire.
- Disinfect the cans while cooking, wash them with boiling water several times, and then dry them. If you can put them in the oven and dry with hot air. Then put the kiwis in the cans while they are hot. Tighten and seal them, and store them in the refrigerator after they are cool. Then its time to taste them.