You can see more walnuts are coming to the market these days. Many areas have begun to pick, peel, and dry, so all the dried products are sold in the market. Can raw walnuts be eaten directly? What about the taste? What are the effects and nutrition? Let’s check out that.
Where do walnuts grow?
Walnut grows on walnut trees. Those usually grow in late August and early September each year. The growing fruit is covered with a layer of green skin. Once the green skin is cracked, it prepares to make the most common walnuts that we see on the market.
How long does to a walnut tree to bear fruits?
Transplanted and reproduced walnut trees can bear fruit 2-3 years after planting. Walnut tree takes 5-10 years to bear fruits that are not transplanted and reproduced. The fruiting period of the walnut tree is related to the planting variety. The maturity period is mostly from early in the northern region to mid-September. They are harvested in the southern region from August 25 to September 1.
Can raw walnuts be eaten directly?
You can eat raw walnuts directly. Raw walnuts are high in protein, unsaturated fatty acids, and vitamins. This ingredient is an essential substance for brain tissue cell metabolism, nourishing brain cells and improving brain function.
Also, it can prevent arterial blockage and lower cholesterol. However, if you eat cooked walnuts, the nutrients in the walnuts are lost, and the edible value is lost. Most importantly, the freshly picked walnuts are not only sweet but also crunchy and tender.
There are many ways to eat raw walnuts directly. After removing the shell, you can eat them fresh. Or they can be ground and eat. You can choose a specific method according to your taste.
When eating raw walnuts, many people will feel bitter. You get that taste, mainly because of the nucleolus coffee-colored skin. But the bitterness does not affect its nutritional value. If you worry about eating bitter, you can peel off the skin, eating only white pulp.
What are the effects and nutrition of raw walnuts?
The effects of raw walnuts
|Activating blood circulation, dispelling blood stasis, and dredging collaterals||Walnut is often used in traditional medicine for congestion, abdominal pain, bruising, and blood stasis.|
|Moisturizing the intestines, laxative, relieving cough||Walnut has the specific function of promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis. In addition, it can be used for intestinal dryness and constipation and can remove congestion and produce new blood.|
|Hair growth||The protein contained in walnuts is exactly doing what hair needs. Long-term consumption of walnuts can make hair black and shiny, and it has a good effect on grey hair and dryness.|
|Moisturizing, anti-aging, longevity||The trace elements and vitamins in walnuts are a good helper for moisturizing. In addition, long-term use can prevent the skin from dryness and wrinkles.|
|Prevention of stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, and other diseases||The antioxidants contained in walnuts are beneficial substances for protecting the cardiovascular system. It can effectively prevent the occurrence of arteriosclerosis, coronary heart disease, and hypertension.|
|Nourishing kidney||The walnut oil in walnut has a good effect on nourishing the kidney.|
|Decompression and sedation||Walnut oil has the effect of blood static pressure, which is a good choice for modern young people with high stress.|
Nutrition of raw walnuts
- Walnuts are rich in nutrition, rich in protein, fat, minerals, and vitamins. Every 100 grams contains 15.2 grams of protein, 51.6 grams of fat, 0.8 grams of carbohydrate, 25 mg of calcium, 280 mg of phosphorus, 2.2 mg of iron, 0.32 mg of thiamine, 0.11 mg of riboflavin, and 1.0 mg of niacin. Fat contains a lot of linoleic acids and has high nutritional value. Besides, it is also rich in vitamins B and E.
- Walnuts are rich in vitamins B and E, preventing cell aging, strengthening the brain, enhancing memory, and delaying aging. Walnuts also contain particular vitamins, which do not raise cholesterol and reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines. Thus, it is suitable for patients with arteriosclerosis, hypertension, and coronary heart disease.
- Walnut kernels contain linoleic acid, calcium, phosphorus, and iron. As a result, they are ideal skin cosmetics for the human body. Regular consumption has the functions of moisturizing the skin, black hair and preventing premature whitening and shedding.
- Walnut kernels also contain a variety of trace elements required by the human body. They are essential excipients for medicines and have the functions of smoothing and nourishing blood, relieving cough and reducing phlegm, moisturizing the lungs, and invigorating the kidneys. When you feel tired, chew some walnuts to relieve fatigue and stress.
- Walnut contains quite a lot of melatonin, which can help the human body fall asleep. Melatonin is a hormone that can help regulate human sleep. It will be secreted more at night to help people sleep. Eating walnuts can promote the secretion of melatonin and help improve sleep conditions.
In general, You can eat raw walnuts directly. But if you feel bitter to eat, you can peel off the skin without affecting the nutritional value. Regular consumption of walnuts has the effects of moisturizing, anti-aging, stimulating blood circulation, and growing black hair to consume frequently.