Kiwi wine is rich in vitamins, amino acids, and a high amount of polyphenols. These elements can inhibit the accumulation of fat in the human body. Compared with other wines, kiwi wine plays a more obvious role in caring for the heart and regulating emotions.
Making kiwi wine is not very complex. You can make it from kiwi, yeast, and sugar. So, we will identify the brewing of kiwi wine and its benefits.
A simple method to make kiwi wine at home
Ingredients: 500ml white wine, 500g kiwi fruit, 150g sugar
- Clean the surface of the kiwis. You can easily clean it with a brush.
- Let them dry naturally.
- Cut the head and tail of the dried kiwis and remove them. Then cut the rest into small pieces.
- Put the sliced kiwis and sugar into the container together.
- Pour the white wine into the container.
- After the kiwis are completely soaked in white wine, seal the container and store it in a cool and dry place.
- You can open the container and enjoy the taste after one month.
Matters to attention when making kiwi wine
- Choose fresh and pest-free kiwis. Sterilize the tools and equipment before use. It is best to use an edible disinfectant or potassium permanganate solution for sterilization before making wine.
- During the brewing process of kiwi wine, it is best to store it in a place with a constant temperature of about 10 degrees.
- After brewing, you can add an appropriate amount of sugar according to different tastes. After sterilization, put kiwi wine in a colored bottle and seal and store it in a cool, dry place.
- After the fruit is washed, it must be drained or air-dried naturally. It will help that brewed wine not to lose its taste.
- Natural fruits are the best for making fruit wine, and the sweetness can be adjusted if necessary. Adding 20% to 25% sugar is suitable.
- It is best to use rock candy to make kiwi wine. Its sweetness is almost pure and does not sour easily.
- All containers should be airtight and stored in a tightly closed, cool place away from direct sunlight.
- When making kiwi wine, you need to use wine with an alcohol strength higher than 40%.
Potential benefits of kiwi wine
Kiwi wine has a special flavor and is rich in health effects and functions. The brewed kiwi wine is rich in vitamins, amino acids, and polyphenols, which can have the following effects.
The color of kiwi wine is light yellow, which is attractive to the eye. In addition, it contains a certain amount of malic acid to help digestion.
It can ensure the balance of water in the body, promote the balance of endocrine mutual assistance, and help health and weight control.
Kiwi wine contains sugar, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. These are all essential nutrients for the human body. The body can directly absorb it without pre-digestion. Especially for the infirm, regular drinking of kiwi fruit wine is good for restoring health.
Prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease
Kiwi wine can increase the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in the blood 01. Also, it has the role of HDL to transport cholesterol from extrahepatic tissues to the liver for metabolism. As a result, it can effectively reduce blood cholesterol and prevent the thickening or hardening of arteries (atherosclerosis).
The veratrum in kiwi wine exists on the skin of kiwi fruit. Veratrum has an important effect on inhibiting platelet aggregation, with an inhibition rate of 42%. Thus, it will help to reduce the occurrence of cerebral thrombosis.
According to a survey 02, French and Italians who like to drink low-grade fruit wines, including kiwi wine, have the lowest death rate of heart disease, while Americans and Finns who drink more spirits and less fruit wine have a high death rate of heart disease.
Free radicals harm to human body’s oxidation. It can easily cause chemical reactions and damage DNA, proteins, and lipids. According to a survey, researchers found, that the antioxidant effect of kiwi wine is among the best in many fruit wines.
Skincare and beautify
The antioxidant effect of kiwi wine can also decrease the dullness of the skin. In addition, long-term drinking of kiwi wine has a whitening effect and can make the skin more shiny, delicate, and elastic.
Precautions for drinking kiwi wine
Kiwi wine is not suitable to drink on an empty stomach.
Drinking kiwi wine on an empty stomach is easy to causes irritation to the gastrointestinal mucosa, causing gastrointestinal discomfort. It is also easy to congest, causing dizziness and other uncomfortable symptoms.
Don’t drink too much
Excessive drinking of white wine is harmful to the liver, stomach, and nerves. The damage is relatively large and is not good for your health.
It is not suitable to drink cold wine
In addition to alcohol, harmful substances such as ethanol and formaldehyde are mixed with white wine. Therefore, it is better to drink warm wine.
Don’t use plastic bottled wine
Most plastic bottles are made of polyethylene plastic. Although the monomer of polyethylene is insoluble in water, it is soluble in alcohol. Therefore, Self-brewed, soaked fruit wine and medicinal materials need to be stored for a long time to extract the effective ingredients.
Therefore, it is best to use a well-sealed, dry, non-toxic glass container. The glass material will not affect the taste of the wine, and you can see the bright and moving color of the wine day by day through the glass. So always use glass containers to store kiwi wine.
Don’t take kiwi wine with milk
It is because the milk will cause bloating after taking it. In severe cases, abdominal pain and diarrhea may also occur.
Foods that are not suitable for drinking kiwi wine
Taking kiwi fruit with milk, cucumber, carrots, and liver, is not recommended. Otherwise, it will destroy the high amount of vitamin C contained in kiwi fruit. It also applies to kiwi wines.