Milk powder is a prevalent nutritional product. There are different types of milk powder, such as infant milk powder, female milk powder, middle-aged and elderly milk powder, adult milk powder, and so on. These milk powders are made by adding different nutrients to different groups of people based on ordinary milk powder.
Therefore, different groups of people should choose milk powder that suits them and avoid that it doesn’t fit them to better absorb the nutrients in the milk powder. So what milk powder is good for different groups of people? Let’s look at the selection and precautions of milk powder for different groups of people.
Infant milk powder
Classification of infant milk powder
- Formula milk powder
Milk products are formulated based on ordinary milk powder to meet the nutritional needs of infants.
- Sheep milk powder
Milk powder made from sheep milk. Milk products include milk, horse milk, goat milk, etc.
Buying guide of infant milk powder
Flavors and fragrances, fluoride, sucrose, lactose intolerant children should choose special formula milk powder.
Buying guide of infant milk powder
- Don’t blindly pursue the brand; pay more attention to whether the baby is suitable for drinking.
- Don’t be obsessed with the price, and you should pay attention to careful consideration of various indicators.
- Select the related products according to different needs.
Milk powder for premature infants
Only eat for 20-30 days, and only eat within the first month after birth.
Buying guide of milk powder for premature infants
Pay more attention to whether the ingredients are close to breast milk, and then choose according to the infant’s age and health.
Prevention methods for infants milk fire
- You can feed some mung bean soup, fruit juice.
- Feed some water between the two portions of milk.
- Encourage the baby to develop good bowel habits.
- Feed the baby 1-2 bananas a day.
- Cook barley water in the morning.
- Eat sweet potato powder to moisturize the intestines.
- Choose light-flavored baby milk powder.
- Eat more fruit puree.
Middle-aged and elderly milk powder
Milk powders for the middle-aged and elderly contain high calcium, high iron, low sugar, selenium, lower fat, high zinc.
Types of adult milk powder
High calcium and iron milk powder
Scientifically add a variety of vitamins and trace elements, especially active bifidobacteria, fortified calcium, and iron two trace elements. This is especially suitable for young and middle-aged drinking, reducing the fat content.
Nutritional milk powder for women
According to women’s physiological characteristics and nutritional needs, the formula with high protein and low-fat content is selected, and minerals such as calcium and iron are scientifically added. In addition, it is rich in vitamins A, C, E, D3, and folic acid, and adds L-carnitine conducive to fat metabolism.
Middle-aged and elderly multi-dimensional high-calcium milk powder
According to the physiological characteristics and nutritional needs of middle-aged and elderly people, add a variety of vitamins, hydrolyzed lactose, milk calcium, high-quality protein, and no sucrose.
Whole milk powder
Only milk is used as raw material, not suitable for people with high blood fat and obesity.
Skimmed milk powder
Suitable for some special people who need to control fat intakes, such as people with high blood fat, obesity, and high cholesterol.
Full-fat sweetened milk powder
White sugar is added as a food nutrient fortifier, which tastes sweet and is not suitable for patients with diabetes and obesity.
Flavored milk powder
Milk is the primary raw material, and supplementary materials are added, such as walnut powder and soybean powder, suitable for those with specific taste requirements.
Benefits of goat milk powder for middle-aged and elderly
- Strengthen bones.
- Prevent iron deficiency anemia and enhance immunity.
- Help to regulate blood cholesterol concentration and blood pressure.
- Help teeth and bone health.
- Benefit digestion and promote intestinal health.
Buying guide milk powders for middle-aged and elderly
- Packaging: The label and identification on the packaging should be complete.
- Ingredients: Nutrient ingredients should be complete and reasonable in content.
- Brand: It is best to choose products from well-known companies with a larger scale, better product quality, and better service quality.
- Taste: Good quality milk powder has good brew ability, no accumulation after brewing, the liquid is milky white, and the milk tastes strong.
- Appearance: Good-quality milk powder has uniform particles, no accumulation, uniform milky yellow color, and minimal impurities in the product.
- Needs: Always choose products according to your physical condition and needs.
Maternity milk powder
Benefits of maternity milk powder
Maternity milk powder contains almost all kinds of vitamins and minerals that pregnant women need to meet the needs of expectant mothers for various nutrients.
How to choose maternity milk powder
- Ask the doctor for nutritional advice and choose milk powder for pregnant women according to your situation.
- Choose milk powder for pregnant women according to the taste of pregnant women.
- It is recommended to choose a big brand, and the product quality is more reliable and more guaranteed.
Buying guides of maternity milk powder
- Pay attention to the labeling of nutrients.
- Check whether the packaging is intact.
- Check whether the production license number is complete.
- Check whether the color of the milk powder is high-quality.
- Check whether the after-sales service is good.
- Check whether the price is reasonable.
- Check whether there is an abnormal smell and taste.
Student milk powder
Features of student milk powder
- Natural, non-polluting, with quality assurance, no antibiotics. It is designed concerning the composition of breast milk to meet infants’ growth and development needs.
- With its ingredients can improve the immunity of infants and young children.
- The content of essential nutrients is up to national standards.
- Special formula nutrients specified by the state should be appropriately added according to the situation.
- Sucrose, maltodextrin, flavor, etc., are not added.
Buying guide of student milk powder
- Smell: It should have a light frankincense aroma. The milk powder has deteriorated if there is a fishy, musty, or sour taste.
- Dissolution speed: good quality milk powder, good preparation, no accumulation after brewing, the liquid is milky white, and the strong milk flavor.
Ladies milk powder
Benefit ladies milk powder
- Conducive to the absorption of calcium, ladies’ milk powder contains many phospholipids, proteins, fats, lactose, inorganic salts, etc.
- Supplements the body’s loss of water and also increase nutrients.
- The substances contained have a specific sedative and hypnotic effect and can also clear up the tension, conducive to people’s rest and sleep.
Suitable groups of ladies milk powder
Ladies’ high-calcium milk powder is specially designed for young women. It is specially fortified with calcium and has a higher calcium content than ordinary milk powder.
Buying guide of ladies milk powder
- The label on the package should be complete.
- The nutritional ingredients indicated in the nutritional composition table should be complete and reasonable in content.
- Choose milk powder from well-known companies with a larger scale, better product quality, and service quality.
- Based on your own body quality choice.
Milk powder for special groups
Milk powder for indigestion people
Nou needs to choose milk powder with easy digestion and absorption of nutrients, such as milk powder with good protein or fat structure, milk powder specially added with prebiotics, or milk powder with a light taste, to reduce your baby’s metabolic burden.
- High whey protein content.
- With or without prebiotics/ dietary fiber / GOS / FOS are added.
- Lactoferrin was added.
- The taste should be light.
Milk powder for those who have three highs
Low-fat milk or skimmed milk is relatively more suitable for the three high populations. It is necessary to control the amount of milk consumed every day.
- Drink fresh milk with a short shelf-life.
- Choose low-fat milk powder and skimmed milk powder.
- Whole milk powder should be selected with a fat content of about 3%.
How to eat protein powder
- The best time to drink protein powder is after training, after getting up, and before bed.
- Do not drink protein powder on an empty stomach.
- Do not drink a cup whenever you think of it.
- Do not overuse the protein powder.
- Do not just drink it.
Buying guide of protein powder
- Choose a more cost-effective brand.
- Choose a reasonable ratio of protein powder according to your diet and fitness intensity.
- Some people who need to pay attention to a protein supplement can not take the protein powder.
- The extraction process of whey protein the higher the price.
Precautions of protein powder
- Ensure that the intake of carbohydrates is within the recommended range to ensure sufficient calories for muscle gain.
- In order to make the protein powder give full play to the best muscle strengthening effect, you should also formulate a scientific and reasonable training plan and dietary nutrition plan.
- The protein powder is usually used for weight loss or strong people with insufficient daily calorie and protein intake.
Who should not drink milk powder
Patients with iron deficiency anemia
The ferrous iron in the body will combine with the calcium salt and phosphate salt of the milk powder to form insoluble compounds, which will affect the absorption and utilization of iron.
People who are often exposed to lead
The lactose in milk powder can promote the absorption and accumulation of lead in the human body. It will easy to cause lead poisoning.
Lactose intolerant people
Bacteria can ferment the lactose in the intestine to produce lactic acid, which reduces the pH of the intestine to below 6, thereby stimulating the large intestine. It will cause symptoms like bloating, abdominal pain, gas, and diarrhea.
Those who are allergic to powdered milk
Symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, and even rhinitis, asthma, or urticaria may occur.
Patients with reflux esophagitis
Milk powder has the effect of reducing the pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter, thereby increasing the reflux of gastric juice or intestinal juice and aggravating esophagitis.
People with cholecystitis or pancreatitis
It is easy to increase the burden on the gallbladder or pancreas and make the disease more and more serious.
Other unsuitable people for milk powder
- Patients with reflux esophagitis.
- Patients after abdominal surgery.
- Patients with symptoms include abdominal distension, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.