Trisodium phosphate is used mainly for chemicals, textiles, printing, dyeing, paper making, and power generation. And other industries as water softeners and detergents, boiler antiscalants, water softeners in paper dyeing. pH buffering agent for the production of adhesives for waxed paper, Toner, a mercerizing enhancer for fabrics, anti-embrittlement for thread making. The metallurgical industry uses chemical degreasing and decontamination. And as an excellent accelerator in developing photographic solutions. Dental cleaners and bottle cleaners. Coagulant for rubber latex. Sugar juice purifier.
Solid trisodium phosphate (TSP) is a strong alkali and weak acid salt. It has strong alkalinity and high solubility, is stable in chemical properties and can store for a long time. TSP is added in the spray water of the containment spray system (EAS) instead. NaOH can adjust the pH value of the spray liquid, effectively remove the iodine gas released from the leaking cooling water into the containment, avoid harm to the workers by the strong alkali, and easy to clean up after the accident.
Special features of trisodium phosphate
- Trisodium phosphate is colorless to white needle-like crystal or crystalline powder.
- The melting point of Trisodium phosphate is dodecahydrate 73.4 °C.
- Trisodium phosphate is soluble in water, and its aqueous solution is strongly alkaline.
- It is insoluble in ethanol and carbon disulfide.
- It is one of the vital product series of the phosphate industry.
- Trisodium phosphate is widespread uses in new sectors such as agriculture, animal husbandry, petroleum, papermaking, detergent, ceramics, and other fields due to its unique properties.
Nature of trisodium phosphate
It is prone to deliquescence and weathering in dry air. And it generates sodium dihydrogen phosphate and sodium bicarbonate. Almost completely decomposed into disodium hydrogen phosphate and sodium hydroxide in water.
- Trisodium phosphate heated up to 55 ~ 65 ° C, it becomes decahydrate.
- It’s heated up to 60 ~ 100 ° C, and it becomes hexahydrate.
- Heated above 100 ° C, it becomes become monohydrate.
- And it’s heated up to 212 ° C or more, and it becomes anhydrous.
- The pH value of a 1% aqueous solution is 11.5 ~ 12.1.
Packaging, storage, and transportation
25KG bag is stored in a cool, ventilated, and dry place, protected from moisture and sun, and away from the fire’s heat source. It should store separately from acids.
The main uses of trisodium phosphate
- Milk and dairy products, cream, water-oil fat emulsified products.
- Fat-emulsified products, other than water-oil fat emulsified products. (including Mixed and flavoured fatty emulsified products).
- Frozen drinks. (except edible ice).
- Canned vegetables.
- Cooked nuts and seeds (fried nuts and seeds only).
- Cocoa products.
- Chocolate and chocolate products.
- Wheat flour and Its products.
- Raw and wet pasta products (such as noodles, dumpling crusts, braised clams).
- Batters. (such as batters for fish and poultry meat).
- Wrapped flour.
- Fried flour.
- Miscellaneous grain flour.
- Edible starch.
- Ready-to-eat cereals (including rolled oats or oatmeal).
- Prepared meat products.
- Cooked meat products.
- Frozen aquatic products.
- Frozen surimi products. (including fish balls, etc.).
- Thermally coagulated egg products. (such as egg yolk, pine egg sausage).
- Beverage (Except packaged drinking water).
- Jelly, the maximum use amount is 5 g/kg.
- When used for milk powder and cream powder and flavouring syrup, the maximum use amount is 10.0 g / kg.
- For rice flour (including dumplings).
- Cereals and Starch desserts (such as rice puddings, cassava puddings, canned cereals only).
- Pre-made aquatic products (semi-finished products).
- Canned aquatic products, the maximum usage is 1. mg/kg.
- Compound seasoning, the maximum usage is 20. mg/kg.
- Other solid compound seasonings (only for convenient wet noodle seasoning package), the maximum usage is 80.0 g/kg.
- Puffed food and cooked nuts and seeds (only for fried nuts) And seeds), the maximum amount used is 2.0 g/kg.
- Other oils or oil products (only fat-based powders) foods are a maximum of 20 g/kg.
- Processed cheese The amount is 15.0 g / kg.
- Canned cereals and other cereal products (only frozen fries, frozen potato cakes, frozen mashed potatoes, frozen sweet potatoes) the maximum usage is 1.59 g/kg.
- Trisodium phosphate can be used singly or in combination, based on phosphate (P03).